[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - New Dreamforge minis
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

New Dreamforge minis

Found an interesting kit in resin or plastic? Want to review a kit you've just bought? Share it with us here!

Moderator: Wardens

New Dreamforge minis

Postby Lane » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:12 am

Just received my Kriegsmarine and Sturmtruppen minis from the kickstarter project.

I know I have more important things to do tonight than drool over minis but damn it's hard to resist painting them up tonight.

The design looks even better in person than the renders. Castings are clean with only sprue and vents to clean up.

Looks like there is:
one Torso for each style
five standing leg poses
one kneeling leg pose
one SMG
one SMG w/ grenade launcher
two rifle poses
one head for each style (maybe two)
one panzerfaust

I can not wait for these to be general release so I can get more.
I'll also need the command, heavy weapons and accessory packs.
Lane
Habit

Re: New Dreamforge minis

Postby mangozac » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:33 am

Excellent! Mine are in the post - looking forward to receiving them! I look forward to seeing the extras and command squad versions ;)
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby NoseGoblin » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:45 am

Be sure to check this out and save some frustration... http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dre ... ures/posts

damn left and right arms did not get matched properly. Also is seems to be easiest to glue the weapon arm on first then the left arm on.

First shots of assembled squads.

You can see more here:
http://dreamforge-games.blogspot.com/20 ... s-and.html
NoseGoblin
Casual

Postby Munkey Joe » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:05 pm

Those are DEAD sexy....
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:30 pm

Mine arrived today and they are indeed very nice minis. Although there was a hiccup: I assembled one and when it came to the shoulder pads I was disappointed to find they they fit really oddly. I took some pictures and went to post them in this thread and then I saw Mark's pictures above. I put the shoulder pads on the wrong way around :oops:

*Facepalm*

I'll fix it up and post a little review when I get a chance. There was no trouble with arm fitment on this guy (for those that don't know Mark had a little mix-up with arms) and to be honest I didn't really take a lot of notice of the descriptions of exactly which arms are the problems. I figure I'll just wait for the correct ones to arrive and assemble everything then ;)

Of course, since I'm no longer a gamer it begs the question "what am I going to do with them?". I figure I'll eventually put them into some kind of DKOK style trench diorama/vignette. It must be the respirators...
mangozac

Postby mangozac » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:49 pm

Finally got around to posting a review of my Sturmtruppen:
mangozac

Postby factor40 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:33 am

Those are very cool. Paint...I must see paint!

factor40
Habit

Postby Kennui » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:38 am

Excellent review.

How do the parts go together? Wargames factory shock troops did not have arms that fit perfectly, which put me off building more. Really wish I had joined the kickstarter campaign for some minis but I can wait.

I'd really only be after the heads and maybe the weapons. I just can't stand building anything the way it's supposed to be built.
Kennui
Casual

Postby mangozac » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:19 am

The parts went together flawlessly. That's the beauty of well designed 3D printed parts - all mating surfaces are exact fit. IIRC Mark does plan to offer individual heads (at the very least) too, so you should be in luck ;)
mangozac

Postby NoseGoblin » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:13 am

Thank you for the review!

David Woods posted a quickly painted mini... Gah, it makes me cry when I see someone who knows how to handle a brush. I was trying to paint one up but my skills are....lacking :)

NoseGoblin
Casual

Postby mangozac » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:26 am

That is nice painting. And almost deceptively simple looking too!

I really love that base design - very cool and very appropriate for the mini ;)
mangozac

Postby paulson games » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:32 am

I'm kinda split on these. The digital sculpting, printing and clean up are all amazingly top notch. However the arm proportions are way off to me and no matter how i look at the pcitures they bother me.

The shoulders seem too low on the body and mixed with a very broad chest gives them impression of having ape arms. Outside of that I am loving the models whch I think is why I'm so vexed by the arm situation.
paulson games

Postby mangozac » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:20 am

You've nailed it on the head Jon. I agree that the arms/shoulders are slightly off, but the overall design and aesthetic more than made up for it IMO.
mangozac

Postby paulson games » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:20 am

Is it possible to raise the arms and mount them higher up on the torso?

Here's a super rough photoshop. Red line is where the top of the shouders should be based on the posistion of the head. Being that the pads go over the top of the sholders then the bottoms of the pads should be at that red line or slightly above.

At current it creates an impression that the arms are overly long, same with the neck. If the arms are in the correct possition on the torso then the soldier would be peering out the mouth port of the mask. I do love the sculpts I'm just wondering if it's something that could be fixed by moving the arms up or if it'd mean a bunch of extra work on the torso.
paulson games

Postby mangozac » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:36 pm

Actually, looking again at the painted mini, I think he's just assembled the right arm too low. The left shoulder looks ok and in general the arms can be raised slightly anyway during assembly with no dramas.
mangozac

Next

Return to Kit Finds & Reviews