[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Vaaish's Epic Stuff
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Vaaish's Epic Stuff

A gallery for completed projects only. Please share yours.

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Vaaish's Epic Stuff

Postby Vaaish » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:15 am

Hey look, I finished up a few more models :) This time around it's landing craft for a Blood Raven's army. These came already assembled which made it a bit hard to get them cleaned, I apologize for mould lines I couldn't get or missed.

This version is using the Vallejo Calvary Brown as a base which turned out quite nicely. I tried using drybrushing on these to see how it would work on the larger surfaces to bring up the color and then selectively pulled in white highlight rather than shade each panel like I usually do. I think it worked all right for the most part since the shading washes went on smoothly. The shots are a touch too red though, I think the white balance is off slightly. I also tried to put decals on these but they failed rather spectacularly. I'm starting to get suspect of the FW transfers quality since I get an abnormally high rate of failure with them and almost never have an issue with other brands. Next up it's back to my last 4 land raiders!

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Commissar-Krad » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:50 am

Fantastic work as always...
Commissar-Krad
User

Postby Vaaish » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:17 am

Hey, I finished a thing. :) These guys mark the final piece of the my IF army. At least until I decide to repaint my thunderhawks. However, with these Land Raiders finished, I'm calling the army finished for a good while now. I'll try to get an army shot together at some point. Enjoy!

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Islacrusez » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:23 am

Sexy stuff.

*is jealous*
Islacrusez
Habit

Postby Vaaish » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:29 am

Finished up a few more AdMech bots for a commission. These are some custom 6mm sculpts of the Mechanicum robots. This also marks my first trial of pigments for basing. I'd have preferred something that contrasted better but I ordered the wrong pigments :)

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:53 am

Finally got a full army shot together of my Imperial Fists. This is one of the first armies I started for Epic and there's a pretty wide range of quality here with the infantry and Thunderhawks being the worst. Hope you like it!

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:47 am

Adding a few more AdMech tanks to the list of things completed in 2016. Did a bit more work with pigments on the treads rather than the painted mud I usually do. I think the results are mixed here. The result is ok, but I think it could be a lot better. I do like that Krios Venator though. Fun little model. If all goes well I'll be able to finish some stuff for BGH before the end of the year and have a clean slate to start on knights and finishing out my Cron, IG, and Skitarii forces.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Fleafa » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:21 am

Awesome work, as always.
What I would do for those models in 15mm...

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:39 am

A bit more progress on some custom sculpts. Did the dread as Imperial Fists since that seemed fitting and the Russ is what I think is a general Solar Aux scheme.I did a bit more with pigments on the tracks and base, again not really that enthusiastic at the result. The treads turned out ok and I think the technique could used a bit more exporation, but my pigment mix was a bit off in the end. That's the last of the little stuff before I hit knights! Enjoy!

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:00 am

Something a bit different for me. Did up an Ascheron as a color test for a House Cadmus Knight army I'm building for Epic this year. Cadmus is hard because they have silver trim which is challenging to differentiate from the steel framework on the knight. I think this worked mostly ok but I'm going to ad a touch more blue to the final silver.

I'm also not quite there with the green. I'd wanted a warmer yellow green as the highlight but even with two drops yellow to one of of green I didn't quite get there.

Last of all I'm at a bit of a loss for what to do with the black panels. The Cerastus knight proportions are taller and thinner than the paladin which means the half aquilla won't fit properly. Still need to figure that out at some point. Perhaps a half skull and half wreath would do it.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:36 am

Just finished this up today and I'm much happier with the highlights. Decided to give a power weapon a shot. I'd have preferred to do a different type, but the holes in the middle of the sword kind of killed the possibility of something that looked more like a central glow. Hope you like it!

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:13 am

It's been a bit and life kinda got in the way of finishing these guys. This is the first of my two Lancer detachments for the Knight army. Probably the trickiest part of these was figuring out what to do with the shields but I'm pretty happy with the result over all. Next up is the last of the Blood Raven landers.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Islacrusez » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:01 pm

Looking good! Love what you've done with the shield. Though perhaps a little blue lighting effect on the hand and body on that side might have been appropriate? Sexy piece of hardware though :)
Islacrusez
Habit

Postby Vaaish » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:22 am

It probably would be, but I didn't feel like messing with it.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Sun May 14, 2017 1:58 am

Finished up the last Blood Raven lander yesterday to take a bit of a break from painting Knights while I was assembling the next formation. This is the last of the BR air power in a rather lengthy project that keeps getting interrupted by other things. :)

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

PreviousNext

Return to Solitary (Vaaish & Others Paint Stuff)