[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - [BFG] Horizon paints resin ships and other ships.
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

[BFG] Horizon paints resin ships and other ships.

Discussion of painting

Moderator: Wardens

Re: [BFG] Horizon paints resin ships and other ships.

Postby horizon » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:10 pm

Let there be light then!

And we start it all with some sparkling resin-addict zeus class frigates and destroyers:

and then a firestorm armada aquan destroyer, yes, I do like that vessel ;) :

and to make it worse, a non-resin model, Eldar Shadow Cruiser:

But a blast, finally some nice pictures of Blindhorizon his vessels:

and then the BGH thing... :

and a group shot"
horizon
User

Postby RageofAchilles » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:10 am

A nice spread of ships there. I like the patchy blues used on the aquan destroyer, reminds me of what the Vorlons looked like in Babylon 5.

The zeus ships colour scheme make a nice impact in formation.

The stary effect on the elder ship is nice, not something I would have expected but works well. ( I have one of those ships unpainted somewhere ;))
RageofAchilles
Habit

Postby horizon » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:23 pm

Thanks!

Well, for the Eldar it was quite interesting on what to chose for a colour scheme. A whole time ago I decided to paint the Eldar ships to their names. So a hemlock got the colours of a Hemlock, the Nightshade of a Nightshade etc. For the Solaris I used the image from the 2002 version of the movie and the Aurora was painted to the effect of the earth effects of the aurora (lol).
The Shadow was more difficult but someone else gave the advice on trying this and it works. Against a nebula/star filled background it will look like a moving shadow. Hence the Imperium gave the Eldar their names because of the colouring. Heh heh.
I am busy on two Hellebores which are obvious but then the Eclipse and Void Stalker need a re-paint. The Eclipse will feature Bella Swan and Edward Cullen on the sails I think... for the Void Stalker I have seriously no idea.

But before all of that the nect pictures will be kitbashes and things like that.
horizon
User

Postby Islacrusez » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:20 am

Islacrusez
Habit

Postby mangozac » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:03 am

Well it's about time! :P

They look great, Roy! The stars on the Eldar cruiser did indeed turn out really well.

I can tell that you were going for a very clean feel for your Helian cruiser but I feel that you've done that at the expense of shading any recesses. Have you ever tried black lining with oil washes?
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby horizon » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:43 pm

Hmmm, I'll see what I can do. I think I will try this on the other helian cruiser to see what looks best. :) hopefully a bit faster then this one. Lol.
horizon
User

Postby RageofAchilles » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:14 am

I know what Zac is getting at the white is too flat, it reflects light evenly over it's surface so it looks like an undercoat. It just needs some contrast or warm tones to give it dimension. :)
RageofAchilles
Habit

Postby horizon » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:31 pm

So... Either a white/bone colour or a light grey.
horizon
User

Postby mangozac » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:32 am

Yeah, it depends if you want a warmer tone or not.
mangozac

Postby horizon » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:19 pm

A quick snapshot of some kitbashes:

horizon
User

Postby Malika » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:24 pm

Got some close ups of that ship on the left? :)
- the place to be for all your bits needs!
Malika
Junkie

Postby horizon » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:49 pm

Made from:
Image+ bits.
:mrgreen:
horizon
User

Postby RageofAchilles » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:59 pm

Cool, like the brown ones, look like reavers :)

Kitbashing is fun I don't think I have ever bought a model plane kit and actually made it, too many interesting shapes! lol
RageofAchilles
Habit

Postby mangozac » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:40 am

Nice one, Roy! Looks great!
mangozac

Postby horizon » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:05 am

Well, since it seems popular a few more kitbashes, old ones though:

horizon
User

PreviousNext

Return to Painting