[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - 3D Printing & Model Making Resources
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

3D Printing & Model Making Resources

Discussion of digital modelling techniques: 3D modelling and 3D printing.

Moderator: Wardens

Re: 3D Printing & Model Making Resources

Postby factor40 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:16 am

It sucks but it doesn't feel like a swindle, at least not yet. It could be something as simple as the guy being lazy or maybe he doesn't have daily access to email. I suppose there could be any number of innocent reasons as to why things fell apart. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt...until they give me a reason not to. If they try and send me a bill, for instance, then we have a problem ;)

In the end, that design has since been revamped and the gun now looks way better than it did. So for me it could be a blessing in disguise.

factor40
Habit

Postby Fleafa » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:42 am

Silo and 3DCoat are now available on Steam.

3DCoat is £60.85 for the educational license with the commercial license costing £214.53.
Worth checking their educational license policy. Not sure if it is cheaper on Steam or direct.

Silo is a crazy £23.99 currently discounted from £29.99. Considering the price on their website is $159, this seems almost too good to be true! No mention of license restrictions on the Steam page, so I would recommend anyone interested to download the demo.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby factor40 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:14 am

I may give it a try. I understand it's pretty good for hard surface modeling. It doesn't get the attention that Zbrush does, but it can still be useful and for that price it's almost too good to pass up.

factor40
Habit

Postby Deadmeat30 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:10 am

Add me to the printing service list please :)

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby factor40 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:18 am

factor40
Habit

Postby Seb » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:42 am

Moddler
-Almost considered the standard, in terms of balance between cost and quality
-Very popular for printing hard surface models like vehicles and robots

Just a heads up, earlier this year it looks like these lads just acquired a new prototype machine - JBR reviews the results here :

http://johnbearross.blogspot.com.au/201 ... r.html?m=1
Seb
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Malika » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:46 pm

Add microPR to the list as well. :)

http://www.micro-rp.com/en/

And SketchUp to the list of software: www.sketchup.com
- the place to be for all your bits needs!
Malika
Junkie

Postby Malika » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:32 am

Here is an interesting review by the way: http://khorosho-productions.blogspot.nl ... s-not.html
Malika
Junkie

Postby TomG » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:05 am

3D Software :
-Lightwave 3D
Only the Best Can Survive.
TomG
User

Postby Malika » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:14 pm

Shapeways are trying out to print models in Wax: https://www.shapeways.com/materials/wax
Malika
Junkie

Postby Fleafa » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:33 pm

Oh gods, yes! TAP IT TO MY VEINS!!! Ahem...
I've been using Sculpteo for wax prints. Very good quality (though not as good as Black Dragon!) but poor customer service. Shapeways have always been very responsive.
Sculpteo's wax is surprisingly hard and has survived the moulding process without too much trouble. Shapeways' looks more like the wax prints I have had from Zack Stone, which are sharper but softer.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Malika » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:10 pm

Hmm, I've tried printing one of my models in wax, but according to Shapeways the model "doesn't fit the parameters", even though I've followed all their rules. I know Shapeways sometimes has some bugs regarding this, so I'll contact them to see what's up. But this really has the potential to be truly amazing!
Malika
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:51 pm

Somebody needs to do a test print! This could be a very useful service!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Fleafa » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:47 pm

My first test was dispatched yesterday. I will report back.

EDIT: They arrived. On initial inspection, they are of a soft blue wax I am familiar with from Zack Stone. Much softer than Sculpteo's orange wax and I am scared! Will hold off on detail judgement until after they are cast.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Malika » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:30 pm

Any more updates regarding Shapeways' wax?
Malika
Junkie

PreviousNext

Return to Digi-lab