[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - 3D Printing in Australia
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

3D Printing in Australia

Discussion of digital modelling techniques: 3D modelling and 3D printing.

Moderator: Wardens

3D Printing in Australia

Postby mangozac » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:23 pm

Hey guys, just a heads up: at work I received a flyer for a 3D printing service here in Oz. The flyer included a tiny part that had been 3D printed with quite impressive results very fine detail and minimal printing marks (although it didn't have any curved surfaces where the printing marks become most obvious).

Most conveniently their site has an automatic online quoting system: just upload a model and it will give you the cost to produce. I tried it on a couple of models I had around and although it certainly seems more expensive than the US printers, it's hard to compare without a direct comparison of the outputs.

The website is here:
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: 3D Printing in Australia

Postby paulson games » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:16 pm

They have wax printing for rings which if they can use it for other stuff like minis would be a great option to test. From what I've read the wax based printing process is much smoother than plastic. I've yet to try it first hand as it requires building models a bit differantly, the price is slightly more but not out of reach.
paulson games

Postby NoseGoblin » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:49 pm

You can use this for minis... MERCS had me print the weapons I made on a wax printer. There are still stepping lines, but they are VERY small.
NoseGoblin
Casual

Postby mangozac » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:49 am

Yeah I did try the pricing for wax when I was playing around with the quote system. It was a bit more expensive but it would be interesting to see the result....

... but I'm still refraining from getting involved with 3D modelling :p

Mark; did you design the weapons for the MERCS minis? I had noticed that they are very cool looking weapons!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Return to Digi-lab