[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Tau-like battlesuit from Flascinder Miniatures
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Tau-like battlesuit from Flascinder Miniatures

Found an interesting kit in resin or plastic? Want to review a kit you've just bought? Share it with us here!

Moderator: Wardens

Tau-like battlesuit from Flascinder Miniatures

Postby mulciber_volcanus » Wed May 04, 2011 2:28 pm

More pics and store .

I don't play Tau myself, though I've always liked the Tau aesthetic. This, to me, looks like the Tau and the Imperial Guard had an engineering baby, so even if I did play Tau, I wouldn't buy it. On the other hand, the model is quite tall, clocking in at 11 cm. Compared to the average battlesuit height of around 5 cm, it would definitely be the tallest Tau mech on the battlefield.

Anyway, I just thought I'd put this up to see if anyone was interested.
This guy also does an imperial knight and sells on ebay as . There's already a post with his knights from several months ago.
mulciber_volcanus
Casual

Re: Tau-like battlesuit from Flascinder Miniatures

Postby paulson games » Wed May 04, 2011 8:31 pm

He did a good job with a lot of the parts, but it's way too boxy looking for my tastes. Has a lot of large flat areas with little detail on it, although a good paint job can makes that much less prominant.
paulson games
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby mangozac » Wed May 04, 2011 9:32 pm

I'm with Jon - a little too boxy for my tastes, but the painted on in the link does look pretty good.

Thanks for sharing!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Munkey Joe » Thu May 05, 2011 3:31 am

Im not fond of this..... BUT Having bought from him before (twice, the knight and the dwarf) I will speak of his quality.

IMHO it pretty ace. I had no problems with it and there was little flash and no miscast. Very good. :mrgreen:
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby Ein » Thu May 05, 2011 7:41 am

Also bought from him and he's ace.
Support your local hobby shop !
Ein
Casual

Postby Hatemonger » Thu May 05, 2011 10:56 am

It's a bit on the big side and a bit too boxy to be like a Tau suit, but maybe that's a good thing. I still think it's a neat mecha.

- H8
Hatemonger
Casual

Return to Kit Finds & Reviews