[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Capricorn Pattern Chimera kit
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Capricorn Pattern Chimera kit

Found an interesting kit in resin or plastic? Want to review a kit you've just bought? Share it with us here!

Moderator: Wardens

Capricorn Pattern Chimera kit

Postby Munkey Joe » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:34 pm

OK so im also on APOC 40K as most know and I recently got some of Toms (Machinator) Chimera conversion kit. Its a pretty straightforward kit that includes the rear part of a chimera and a new turret. The turret is moved to the rear more for a nicer appearance and is overall pretty cool. the cast is well done (like all of his work) and fits very nice with the plastic kit.

ImageImage
these are Toms pictures and used without permission... I hope he doesn't mind!!

Tom is releasing some weapon accessories and hatches later to complement this kit and I have no doubts that they will be top notch just like this kit...

here is a link to the thread on APOC 40K

verdict?? top notch conversion kit, fast and easy to deal with and awesome product..... 4.75 munkeys!

Image Image Image Image Image
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Re: Capricorn Pattern Chimera kit

Postby mangozac » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:55 pm

Very nice work Machinator has done there! It's a pity he didn't have the resin tinted for the shots though ;)

Personally I find the parts a little bland, however that is by no means a deal breaker - extra details are easy to add! The extended hull above the rear of the treads I particularly feel could do with a bit more interest - perhaps like on the FW Marcharius?

Thanks for sharing!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby BlueRonin » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:38 am

Got a couple on their way... was looking for something special to do with the ride of my Psyker Battle Squad, and this fit the bill perfectly! :)

Of course, it is a great-looking design in general!
BlueRonin
User

Postby Loken » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:06 am

I just got my dozen of these! I love them. And since I am laid up at home for a few days, now I have something to do!

Alec
Loken
User

Return to Kit Finds & Reviews