[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Russian Knock-off Custodes
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Russian Knock-off Custodes

Found an interesting kit in resin or plastic? Want to review a kit you've just bought? Share it with us here!

Moderator: Wardens

Russian Knock-off Custodes

Postby paulson games » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:17 pm

Found these on ebay from Mrs-Velard listed as "terminator hero" some blatant copied parts, but I still like.

paulson games
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: Russian Knock-off Custodes

Postby Arkangel » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:30 pm

Cant find them. Can you post the direct ebay link or the item number????
Hey do me a favour, point that thing somewhere else!

http://photobucket.com/Arkangel_bucket
Arkangel
Habit

Postby paulson games » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:32 pm

item number 250730424962 & 250730425001

spelled out warhammer 40000 in the title rather than using 40k. Listed as terminator hero and doesn't actually list them as custodes in the title either.

if you run a seller search (mrs-velard) via advanced search it also pops up ok ebay.uk and other international ebay branches.

These have also been making some rounds in the last few weeks from a bunch of differant sellers, but they are originally mrs-velards sculpts that he/she was posting to coolmini for sale (Lord Velard). They are apparently cast in metal rather than resin. Couldn't find any actively on ebay but definately keeping an eye out for future auctions.

paulson games

Postby Loken » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:12 am

Yeah these are awesome. I want some!

Alec
Loken
User

Postby mangozac » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:25 am

Very cool! Velard is doing some great stuff, but like you say, the GW legal team will be frothing at the mouth! ;)
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby Loken » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:43 pm

He's got more sets up. I bought two sets of Red Guard and a Valdore.

Alec
Loken
User

Postby mangozac » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:28 pm

I find it amusing that he lists them as being "converted" :D
mangozac

Postby paulson games » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:44 pm

Lol!

Yeah they are "converted", converted from GW IP.

Man I wish I lived in a lawless country that didn't have to answer to IP issues, I'd make a killing. He also has a ton of "Forge World" parts, probably a typo and meant Forgery World. ;)

IP issues asside he does fairly decent casting, although the resin smells really funny compaired to the stuff I've gotten from FW or the various resins I've used. It's probably toxic, just another way to further his dasterdly agenda against the west ;)
paulson games

Postby Loken » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:21 am

I agree, all of his Forgeworld must be fake Amazing how much of that stuff he has.

Alec
Loken
User

Postby Munkey Joe » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:08 am

I am new here But I do have 2 sets of the older "custodes" termie models from velard minis, as well as 4 sets of the metal PA ones. They are cast very well but they do have some VERY VERY thin places. I have done alot of trades and ebay buys from people to get his/her work and have always been pretty happy.
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby thedreadking » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:50 am

Looks like he nows has a nice range of death korps of kreig for sale -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warhammer-Forge-W ... 3a61974149

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warhammer-Forge-W ... 3a61973f6c

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warhammer-Forge-W ... 3a6197440f

And he has nice sets of FW doors too :D

'dred'
thedreadking
Casual

Postby mangozac » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:32 am

Ooohh VERY tempting! I can't think of anything to do with them, but DKOK are such great minis I feel the urge to buy the stubber/meltagun pair!

Actually, I just looked at FW's website. It's not like there's that massive a price difference:
FW = US$15.52
eBay = US$12.00

Add to that the unknown factor of buying from Russia and I don't really see the benefit. And I was going to mention something about quality, but it's not like FW will win any awards for quality control....
mangozac

Postby Munkey Joe » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:56 am

Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:05 am

I'm just saying for $3 difference I'd prefer to just buy directly from FW, rather than somewhere I know is an illegal copy...
mangozac

Postby Munkey Joe » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:12 am

agreed....
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Next