[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - !?! Resin Tank From Russia !?!
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

!?! Resin Tank From Russia !?!

Found an interesting kit in resin or plastic? Want to review a kit you've just bought? Share it with us here!

Moderator: Wardens

!?! Resin Tank From Russia !?!

Postby Arkangel » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:19 pm

So guys just a quick one. Go check this out on a another forum I've found to be useful. A bit of cross-pollenisation can't go amiss. It's an awesome Russ Resin that's someone in Russia was banging out on e-bay apparently then got Slammed by GW over IP. Fair-one I guess, it's not even subtle :oops:

http://apocalypse40k.com/index.php?/top ... otha-tank/

I think it's worth a look, definately worth having a crack at even with plastics and a bitz-box raid, if you fancy a new Project :mrgreen: And IMOA it looks awesome.

Hasta :twisted:
Hey do me a favour, point that thing somewhere else!

http://photobucket.com/Arkangel_bucket
Arkangel
Habit

Re: !?! Resin Tank From Russia !?!

Postby dark_gear » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:06 am

Great find!

Seems very well put together except for the seam along top of the tracks but that could just be the modeler who cleaned up the edges a little too strongly. The surface of the tank is quite cluttered with gear, lending the look of some late WW2 Shermans that had been in the field for a while and had all sorts of kit strapped to them.

Do you know if he's still selling them or did the GW hammer really drop on him quite hard?

Marc
dark_gear
Casual

Postby mangozac » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:09 am

Wow no surprise he got burned for that - half of the parts are direct casts of GW parts! He could have at least done the same as the guy who is selling the Leman Russ sized tanks that look very similar to the FW Marcharius that was all scratchbuilt and then cast.

For the record though, I do think that this modified kit looks much better than the standard Leman Russ! Any idea what he was selling them for?
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby blind pig » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:44 am

Damn nice job.

I would've bought one! :D
blind pig
Junkie

Postby paulson games » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:38 pm

Wouldn't by chance know if the seller ID was Mrs-Velard? If it is it's the guy who was selling some thunderwolf models and also doing a bunch of knock off forge world models that he was selling for about 1/3rd of what they normally cost. Death Korps squads were selling for in the area of $30 while the actual FW kit was $52. Also had warhound titans posted at one point for $250.

A lot of his stuff was direct copies of GW & FW stuff, which is begging for a legal slap but being in Russia I don't know if they can actually enforce it. His Ebay account was shut down for a while before but was back on with the same seller ID in about two months. While Ebay makes a stink about claiming they want to keep counterfiet products of ftheir site the way that bad seller can crop back up with their original user name is evident that they only really care about the fees they make off good and bad sellers alike. They make a show of kick off bad selelr only to let them right back on when the attention dies down.

As far as quality his original sculpts are pretty decent, and the casts he's doing of the GW stuff look good even if they are illegal.

Edit:
Ran a search on ebay and mrs-velard is still active, has a chapter master that is "converted" ie cast out of resin as there's numerous copies available. There's a few russian guys selling on ebay that are part of the same local community that post their stuff on coolminior not.

This was posted to bolter and chainsword
irina_est: Ebay Seller out of Russia

bitspudlo_com: Ebay Seller out of Poland

(perhaps associted with scibor?)

They have some quality work, wonder if any of them speak english as it'd be interesting to see their techniques.
Last edited by paulson games on Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
paulson games

Postby Arkangel » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:23 pm

Arkangel
Habit

Postby paulson games » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:56 am

I did a bit of digging looking for that tank, apparently according to a thread on dakka it was being cast by velard. He/she had it available around March-April before he got all sorts of C&D letters, possibly even a lawsuit notice. Also had a spore pod and alien birthing mother, ie tervigon which are no longer listed.

However his/her ebay store on ebay germany apparently still has knock off forgeworld stuff

http://shop.ebay.de/mrs-velard/m.html
paulson games

Postby mangozac » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:18 pm

Look, if people are sculpting models from scratch that are inspired by GW stuff I think it's fine and gives the hobby more of the rich diversity it needs. Directly casting GW/FW parts is IMO going overboard and really asking for trouble.

I have no idea how much power GW has to enforce IP laws in Eastern Europe, but I expect they wouldn't let any opportunity go to waste. There is no argument that Scibor would already be on the GW legal radar and I guess we'll see how things pan out over the coming months.
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby Kennui » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:34 pm

Scibor? Chapterhouse studios have stuff that is far closer to GW IP than scibor imo. I think i read something about them getting the OK to sell that stuff or something like that.
Kennui
Casual

Postby Arkangel » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:55 am

Arkangel
Habit

Return to Kit Finds & Reviews