[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - new to molding
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

new to molding

Questions and discussion of tools, materials and techniques.

Moderator: Wardens

Re: new to molding

Postby Novista » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:38 am

Alright guys, here's the bad news as of 16.30 today i accepted voluntary redundancy. :(
The good news, i got a pay off :), so i can buy new toys ie: whole setup and a new phone so i'll be contacting fleafa asap, i'm a bit all over atm, strangely buoyant.
Novista
Casual

Postby Munkey Joe » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:11 am

Well thats good and bad I guess.... You dont have a job But you got paid to leave yours..... Am I right??

The silver lining is you have the time to do it I suppose!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:21 am

This is the rare case where you can have time and money. Normally you have to choose one or the other ;)
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby paulson games » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:31 pm

You can make a much cheaper vibration table by using a motor from a belt sander or other power tools.

One of the older Hirst Arts videos has a homemade table constructed with a "personal massager". You could get other versions that are battery powered can be be left on and placed inside the pressure pot to run while it's sealed. Put a board over it then stack whatever molds ontop of the board and it'll shake the air loose.

Resin isn't all that picky about how the bubbles get rocked out so you probably won't need to spring for any fancy tickler options :mrgreen:

Beware: Naked Gun brand humor.
http://youtu.be/IfxY8s_Ex7E
paulson games

Postby Fleafa » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:07 pm

lol, the idea of hearing a 'personal massager' going for it from inside my pressure pot is hilarious!

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby paulson games » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:23 am

They also make remote control ones, not sure if the transmitter is strong enough to read through the pot but it'd make for an interesting option of being able to turn it on or off while the pot is completely sealed.
paulson games

Postby Hiflt4@juno.com » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:49 am

Hiflt4@juno.com
Casual

Postby Munkey Joe » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:14 pm

Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe