[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - My CNC Router Adventures
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

My CNC Router Adventures

Questions and discussion of tools, materials and techniques.

Moderator: Wardens

Re: My CNC Router Adventures

Postby blind pig » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:57 am

The foam is quite dense, and yes, your can make a mark in it by pushing hard with your finger.
blind pig
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:50 pm

Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby blind pig » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:33 pm

You could drive over any foam you like, may squish it though. :P

The foam Austec generally has is yellow in colour. The high density polyurethane foams come in three different colours and densities (as far as I know), Yellow, blue and pink.

Have a look:

http://www.foamular.com.au/model_making.html
blind pig
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:32 pm

Is it like a tan yellow? If so then it's probably the stuff I used to make that part yesterday (and am now all out of). Like I said, I'd prefer something more dense than that.

From some stuff I read the colour isn't a reliable gauge of the density.

I talked to the girl from Austech (via email) and she said that the standard Foamular 250 was the highest density they keep in stock in 25mm thickness (I don't want any thicker or I end up running out of Z-axis room).

On a related note I tried cutting some styrene sheet today. After a few goes playing around with the spindle speed and feed rates I got it cutting acceptably, but the edges still needed cleaning up with a file/knife afterwards. This was 2mm thick material.
mangozac

Postby Lane » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:25 pm

Lane
Habit

Postby mangozac » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:16 pm

mangozac