ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Safety concern

General discussion. Keep it fairly on topic. New members start here

Moderator: Wardens

Safety concern

Postby Third3eb687 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:12 pm

Hi,
I live in Sydney, so some of these items might not be available in the US, but hope you can help me with some advice anyway.
Yesterday I did a resinart painting outside with an epoxy reasn called ResinGlass by a company called Barnes. I used about 800 ml total after being mixed, and was wearing gloves, goggles, and a Protector RP2VR2 class P2GV respirator... Said to be for fumes, dust, etc and organic ones too, so I thought this was the right choice for my resin work.
Come the next day my throat is sore and irritated, getting a bit mucousy in my mouth. and now my chest is feeling sore a bit. Could this be from the fumes somehow? Or is anxiety getting to me? Im concerned because wveryrhing i read said the effects get worse over time for up to about a month...? I used the respirator the whole time while working, but i had to go out and pick some dirt off my painting every now and then over the coming hours after i finished as it was a bit if a windy day. I didnt use the mask for this or during my cleanup.
Should i be concerned or does this happen sometimes? I had done a class about a month earlier with a different brand of epoxy resin with no issues.

Thanks for the advice!
Third3eb687
Casual

Return to The Waiting Room