[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Vaaish does battletech...
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Vaaish does battletech...

A gallery for completed projects only. Please share yours.

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Vaaish does battletech...

Postby Vaaish » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:08 pm

After much craziness and lost time (it disappeared I tell you! didn't matter the size or complexity, the white layer took 2 hours on each mech and I've no idea why!) I'm done with the Lyran Guard lance commission. It was a quick commission, more painted to tabletop quality, and it is a cannon scheme. I decided to actually pull out the terrain for these shots just to match the whole battletech thing a bit more for the client. They also need a coat of varnish when the weather clears.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:28 pm

Man they're such old school designs! My favourite is the first one ;)

Great painting as usual, but I really like the yellow canopies - the gradient work on them is beautiful!

Nice to see the pics taken on terrain - you really should do that more often. Far from distracting from the models it actually makes them look better!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Vaaish » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:20 am

Thanks, these guys are actually a fair bit lower than my top quality. Not a lot of blended shading here and the shading there isn't as smooth. Same for the metals.

I mainly avoid terrain because I've only got hills and it turns into a pretty time consuming endeavor to get it out make sure you can't see many seams, and that there is some kind of backdrop. I really need some kind of grassy field and some forests to do this properly.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:21 am

mangozac

Postby blind pig » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:01 pm

Yup, really nice stuff.

I go here for my trees.

http://www.miniaturetree.com/viewcategory.asp?DirID=140

A Californian mob, quick to post and good quality.
blind pig
Junkie

Postby Anvils Hammer » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:06 am

Shiney Robots! :) great work, I still think "World Eaters" when I look at them though.. thats what a lifetime GW addiction does for me...

AH
Anvils Hammer
Habit

Postby Vaaish » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:39 am

Thanks,

I've actually had that site bookmarked for over a year if that tells you how long I've been trying to get forest bases done.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:48 am

another group of mechs done for a client. He wanted two crabs painted up in the same LG theme but without house markings. Pics ended up a bit fuzzy and oddly dark, but I think the shading turned out fairly well.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:01 am

It's been a bit, but these guys were actually done a few weeks ago. I've just been waiting for the decals to arrive so I could finish them out. Anyway, this is my Eridani Light Horse lance. I think the pics turned out a bit too yellow. The green is a bit more grayish in person. I'm down to one Inner Sphere lance and two clan stars on my collection left to paint.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:46 pm

Beautiful shading as always ;)

How do you do the shading? Wet palette or anything?
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:50 am

Thanks, but no wet palette. I just have a paint palette with wells used for gouashe that I mix the paint in and then apply it and quickly blend with a second brush. You really have to have the paint loose to get it to work or it dries too fast.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:16 am

mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:40 am

em... well if you have the paint really thin you can more easily blend it since you can put "more" on the area you are working and it'll be more watery so it doesn't dry so fast you don't have time to blend the edge.

I do have a thinner solution that has an acrylic retarder and a drop of soap in the water.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby paulson games » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:08 pm

The green came out very nice. Also the older white and blue mechs look killer as the color is very vivd and the shading gives it some really nice contrast.

I've seen a lot of split color mechs on the BT forums but they always look like somebody just srayed each half and left it at that. The way you painted them makes them look like they are large macines and it's really cool to see all the panel lines as they pop really well.

Love the work. :)
paulson games

Postby Vaaish » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:16 pm

Thanks Paulson, Things have been so hectic I don't remember if I even saw your post! I'm not overly fond of the split color ones myself, but it is what was asked for. I'm hoping to get to the rest of the mechs you gave me sometime before the end of the year. Seems I get less done than I hoped... too many interruptions!
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

PreviousNext

Return to Solitary (Vaaish & Others Paint Stuff)