[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Mangozac's Tau Cadre
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Mangozac's Tau Cadre

A gallery for completed projects only. Please share yours.

Moderator: Wardens

Mangozac's Tau Cadre

Postby mangozac » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:25 pm

This is a simple gallery of my Tau Cadre, the pictures were taken a couple of years ago. More battlesuits have been added since these pictures were taken but my interest in actually playing 40k is pretty low these days (I haven't played a game since 5th edition came out)

Click some of the pics for larger versions.

Commander:
It's supposed to be the commander standing in front of his inactive battlesuit, surveying the battleground. A couple of small conversion on the suit and basic sculpting on the Tau. His cloak turned out pretty average but it was my first time sculpting!

Aun:
Accompanied by a battlefield data relay/reporting drone so that he may be updated with the latest information.

Next the Crisis team:
These are the first batch of Crisis suits I did. The painting isn't that fantastic and they are looking a bit dusty. The transfers look really awful too. The weapons all friction fit but were never highlighted. Generally this team will run with all missile pods and targeting arrays.

Stealth team:
My favourites :D
I love these guys. I'm one of those who loves the XV-15s much more then the newer model. This was my first go at really going all out on a squad and fully highlighting and I think it turned out great.
[img]http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w108/mangozac/Tau/Stealthsuits.jpg[/rimg]

Fire Warriors:
This is the second squad - the painting on the first isn't as good. Each squad gets a different number of bands on their helmet and gun. I didn't highlight them at the advice of another gamer but wish I had.

Sniper Drone Team:
I did a good job on these guys. Plus there is my scratch built shield drone (the antennae were my first styrene construct!). Back when I was still playing I had dropped these guys from my ist in favour of another XV88.

[b]Broadside Battlesuit:[b]
The guy is half of a team of two. His right arm was modded to point down.

[b]Hammerhead:[b]
It has fully magnetised weapons options. Turned out a bit too clean for my liking but gets nice comments from others so I'm happy enough with it.

So that's all I've got to show. The rest of my army includes another Hammerhead, 8 Pathfinders, another 24 Fire Warriors (12 unpainted), 12 Kroot (some painted), 2 Kroot Hounds, 3 Crisis suits and who knows how many drones.

Enjoy the pretty pictures!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: Mangozac's Tau Cadre

Postby Warhound » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:02 am

Fantastic to see this at last- Mangozac does paint!

An interesting colour scheme that actually works very well! Immaculately executed, dead flat colour that gives these Tau the technical crisp edge that is befitting of our blue friends;-)

The only critique that I would offer is that they need markings of some description (white) to break up the volume of green.

Nice one!

cheers

Warhound
My work: http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa19 ... und_photo/
My winners: http://demonwinner.free.fr/peintre.php?id_peintre=274
Superglue runs through my veins- what have you ever done for society?
Warhound

Postby Seb » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:40 am

Aye, looks solid and crisp, great brush control with the edge highlighting too.

Agree with Warhound on the sept markings, would add that last bling to the finish. Fun to see your cadre though! :)

- Seb
Seb

Postby mangozac » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:26 pm

Thanks guys. As I said, this stuff is all a few years old and I haven't done much painting in quite a while. I do look forward to painting more in the future, but not army painting - it's tedious and boring.

Honest to god that Hammerhead took me like a year to paint. There were so many layers of rotting flesh and even the goblin green!I got to the end and felt that it needed weathering and markings but I just couldn't risk blowing all the time I'd spent on it if I stuffed things up. Probably wouldn't be so bad to do again now that I have an airbrush...

I always love the colour scheme though. When I bought my first box of Fire Warriors I spent weeks trying out different schemes before I landed that one. People always referred do them as the "Irish Tau" ;)

I find myself lately contemplating whether I should sell off my Tau army. As I've said quite a few times I'm mostly over actually playing 40k but I have resisted selling for fear that I do actually take it back up again one day. Plus there was so much work I put into those minis.
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby Seb » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:35 am

Seb

Return to Solitary (Vaaish & Others Paint Stuff)