[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Vaaish's BFG stuff
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Vaaish's BFG stuff

A gallery for completed projects only. Please share yours.

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Vaaish's BFG stuff

Postby mangozac » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:19 am

You're such a tease, describing the minis instead of showing them :P
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Vaaish » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:27 am

It makes them look better :)
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:05 pm

Yes, it's been ages since I posted. No I haven't done a whole lot either. But I CAN finally say these strike cruisers are now complete which is great news for me. They've also been the longest running paint project for me. Mainly I wanted to push things a bit in terms of blending so I resolved to use no washes or drybrushing on the models. I even decided to do engine glow which I typically avoid although I couldn't bring myself to highlight the models up to pure white. Hope you enjoy them. Now I can move back to some commission mechs and some of my own for a while. I'll be posting some better shots of one of the BC and one of the regular SC later.

These are the Bombardment cannon versions that swap the LB for a S5 BC

These are the regular SC.

Group shot
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:11 pm

Wow. That is seriously stunning painting. The shading is so subtle that it would be easy to miss at a cursory glance, but once you look at the full size pictures the amount of detail is just mind blowing. The crispness of the prow markings is what gets me!

I absolutely love the engine glow lighting effects. Easily the best I've ever seen on a BFG mini!

God I sound like a gushing fanboy... :oops:
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:46 pm

Thanks. Oddly, I've avoided the engine glows like the plague beacsue they always look cheesy, but with those new side fins in place the glow worked perfectly to show off the detail inside. Here's a couple more shots showing that show off the detail a tad bit better. I'll post the individuals tomorrow sometime.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:30 pm

Certainly when done badly engine glow detracts from the model. Particularly when the colour clashes badly with the colour of the ship! But you've nailed it!

The thing that blows me away is your freehand work doing the icons on the side of the rear side fins :!:
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:57 pm

hehe... well I cheated on that. For the first time ever Xeones and I printed our own decals. These were just taking so much time that I needed to get done with the project and adding an additional 5 hours of painting the symbols really didn't fit and this looks more uniform. :)
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Deadmeat30 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:56 am

shit the bed.... im not even gonna think of posting up my strike cruisers.. lol. excellent work Vaaish

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby mangozac » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:36 am

Oh OK I'm going to have to deduct points for cheating an using decals then... ;)
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:00 am

So it looks like I'm playing the CMON game again. These are holding a decent 8.2 probably due to the photos being washed out. However I'm still stuck seven votes off the score counting so if any are so inclined to drop a vote, here's the link:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/309559
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:17 am

It's like an addiction to a cruel mistress...
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:44 pm

addiction wouldn't be the word I'd have chosen. More like indentured servitude. A necessary evil. Maybe even akin to braining yourself with the soulstone at the end of diablo.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby factor40 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:46 am

Vaaish that's unbelievably good work! Do you use washes for shadows? The blending looks just fantastic.

factor40
Habit

Postby Vaaish » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:16 am

Thanks! I usually do use washes, but these are an exception. No washes were used on the strike cruisers. The only thing I did was a toning glaze to tie the colors together and a few touches of black lining to sharpen contrast. I really wanted to use these as a test to see if I could push my blending capabilities so I decided against using the washes.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Previous

Return to Solitary (Vaaish & Others Paint Stuff)