[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Vaaish's Epic Stuff
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Vaaish's Epic Stuff

A gallery for completed projects only. Please share yours.

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Vaaish's Epic Stuff

Postby Vaaish » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:00 pm

Dunno. These are addons to my IF army. It's one of the first epic armies I painted so the quality is pretty much hit or miss. Things like my tac detachments, land raiders, and thunderhawks are all pretty ratty while the devastators, speeders, bikes, lander, ant termies are all pretty decent. I've eventually got some preds and whirlwinds so I may do those and repaint the three thunderhawks and tweak the paint on the raiders before I do a shot.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:14 am

You say that, but I've got the impression that even your "ratty" stuff will be better than most peoples' best stuff ;)
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Vaaish » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:40 pm

well, at least in comparison it really makes them look ratty. :) I think if you scroll through the old IF photos in my photo links you can find some shots of them.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:00 am

And we are back for February with the last of the Blood Raven's Thunderhawk Transporters and a converted Damocles. Not much to say really, but with these done I'll be moving on to the last of my battletech stuff. Enjoy! :)

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:43 am

You know, I find that I get used to how well your Epic minis are painted and become desensitised. The other day someone on WargamerAU posted some Epic stuff and I was very unimpressed, so it reminded me of just how fantastic your painting is!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Vaaish » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:01 pm

hehe. Thanks! :) Yeah, there is a lot of poorly painted epic out there which kind of gives 6mm a bad name for painters. In some ways, I get a bit of tunnel vision since I paint so much of it I see mostly the epic models I paint and there aren't a lot of painters actively pushing what you can get on a 6mm figure. I think I'd probably consider these thunderhawks mid tabletop level these days for my epic stuff. Display quality being Praetorian and high tabletop being the bikes, rhinos and razorbacks I posted a bit ago.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby TomG » Tue May 13, 2014 5:19 am

Nice work here. Sometimes you can wonder, if they are really that small.
Btw my friend made lately some EPIC sculpts and casts.
Only the Best Can Survive.
TomG
User

Postby aussiekirgan » Thu May 22, 2014 1:47 pm

aussiekirgan
User

Postby Vaaish » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:25 am

hah well I've painted a few things here or there for folks. :)

This post is a special project that I'm working on. It's a few custom epic scale HH models that will be done in a variety of schemes. These were slated to be done up as Iron Hands and Iron Warriors. I found them quite fun to paint up, especially the IW one since I don't often have a chance to just go wild on metals. :)

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby TomG » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:34 pm

Nice models. Your own sculpts/3D meshes + prints?
TomG
User

Postby Vaaish » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:22 am

Not me, I just paint what gets sent to me. There's a good bit more coming too. I've got about 3 or 4 EC vehicles to paint up next, but I'm taking a slight break to prep everything and get my last mech assembled.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:39 am

Another round of custom epic sculpts. This time I was asked to do them as Emperor's Children. Very fun to paint up. Purple and gold are a nice combo and really pop at 6mm. Hope you like them! I'll be taking a bit of a break from the epic stuff to finish out my last five battletech mechs for a Clan Smoke Jaguar star. After that I've got a couple of Sons of Horus vehicles to do and I'd like to get some BFG in here too!

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby TomG » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:57 pm

Nice as always. So who make them and where we can buy them?
TomG
User

Postby Malika » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:15 pm

That's a big secret... :(
- the place to be for all your bits needs!
Malika
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:36 am

Can't say. Clients send these up for me to paint, they aren't exactly for myself.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

PreviousNext

Return to Solitary (Vaaish & Others Paint Stuff)